Camp sessions take place on our Bissell Campus, 5936 Green Rea Road
(located four miles from main Cannon Campus off Carmel Road).
With more than 150 creative classes and challenging sports camps, Country Day's Summer Programs give children ages 3–18 a chance to explore their passions and interests. In addition, we offer students in grades 5–12 the Summer Institute, week-long academic enrichment experiences in support of specific skill development and student curiosity.
- Camps from June 3–August 9, 2019 ranging from one to four weeks.
- Half-day and full-day, morning, and afternoon camp options.
- Wide variety of traditional and specialized camps, such as art, drama, cooking, video game development, robotics, science, and more.
- Many camps taught by favorite Country Day teachers!
- Bus transportation service from Christ Church and Cannon Campus to Bissell Campus.
- Before- and after-camp care.
- Easy online registration.
- Bus Transportation Service
- Before- and After-Camp Care
- Middle and Upper School Summer Institute
- Registration Policy
- Other Important Information
For convenience and due to popular demand, we are pleased to offer a bus transportation service from Christ Church (1412 Providence Road) and Cannon Campus (1440 Carmel Road) to Bissell Campus, where our summer programs are held.
- Safety: To ensure our campers are safe and bus rules and policies are adhered to, a member of the Country Day summer staff will be present on the bus at all times, and will stay with campers until they have been picked up at the drop off location.
- Dates: The bus will be offered during the main six weeks of camp: June 10–14, 17–21, 24–28; July 8–12, 15–19, and 22–26.
- Christ Church Departure and Arrival: The bus departs Christ Church (1412 Providence Road) at 8:00 am and arrives back at 12:40 pm after camp. The cost is $50/week.
- Shuttle Bus Between Cannon Campus and Bissell Campus: A morning shuttle departs Cannon Campus (1440 Carmel Road) at 8:30 am and arrives back at 12:10 pm after camp. The cost is $25/week.
- Please note: due to traffic congestion or other unforeseen delays, the stated arrival and departure times are approximate. Please allow a 5–10 minute window on either side of the stated time to assure prompt pick up or drop-off.
- Age Minimum: Campers must be in at least rising junior kindergarten to ride the bus.
- Registration: You must register for the bus service by Friday at noon the week before camp begins.
- Summer Bus Rules and Policies: For the safety of your child, please review our bus rules and policies.
Your child can attend early morning, lunch, and late afternoon care before and after camp. Campers are divided into groups by age and enjoy a variety of fun activities. They are escorted to and from camps as needed.
|Morning Care||7:30–9 am||$75/week|
|Lunch Care||12–1 pm||$45/week|
|Afternoon Care||4–6 pm||$80/week|
|Super Care||Morning, Lunch, and Afternoon Care||$130/week|
- If you register for a morning camp, an afternoon camp, and Super Care, you receive a 10% discount on both camp sessions (discount applies only if you sign up for a morning and afternoon camp, not an all-day camp).
- Lunch Care is free if you sign up for morning and afternoon camps and do not plan to attend Morning or Afternoon Care.
- Morning, Lunch, and Afternoon Care are staffed by Country Day employees.
The Summer Institute offers Middle and Upper School students a variety of unique, weeklong academic enrichment experiences in support of specific skill development and student curiosity. Best of all, each weeklong institute is thoughtfully designed and taught by some of the most beloved Country Day teachers. Questions about the Summer Institute can be addressed to:
RC Deer and Beverley Johnson, Co-Directors of Summer Programs
Tanya Andrysiak, Upper School Director of Studies
Tameka Woodard, Middle School Director of Studies
Examples of courses include:
- Creative Writing
- Spanish Boot Camp
- Summer Pre-Algebra Preview
- College Essay Writing
- Reading for Comprehension and Note-Taking
- Research and Writing for History Boot Camp
- Algebra I Refresher Course
- Institut de Français Boot Camp
- Full tuition must accompany the registration for any enrichment, sports, or academic course.
- A $50 nonrefundable deposit toward tuition must accompany registration for any Lower or Middle School academic course. The balance is due by June 9. Full tuition is also accepted with registration.
- Refunds are made for withdrawal from any enrichment, sports, or academic camp prior to May 1. After that date, a $50 cancellation fee is applied.
- All courses and camps are subject to a minimum enrollment, and Country Day reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient enrollment.
- To ensure the safety of our campers, we employ certified athletic trainers on-site during all camp sessions.
- If your camper has any allergies or specific medical conditions that could impact participation in a camp, please contact the Summer Programs office to discuss.
- Our campers are here to have fun! Please dress your child in clothes that can get dirty. Closed-toe shoes are recommended for all camps.
- Since the cafeteria is closed during the summer, please bring a healthy snack and lunch (if you’re staying during the lunch hour).
- Athletes attending a sports camp should bring personal equipment as appropriate.
- All campers must be fully potty trained to participate. Country Day does not have the facilities or resources to change diapers or pull-ups.
RegistRATION Begins January 22
Click the “Register Online” button to begin the registration process. Before you sign up for a camp, you will be prompted to create an account with a username and password. Afterward, you will be able to sign up participants, make payments, view registrations, edit contact information, and more.
Use the same username and password as last year.
- There is an annual $6 registration fee per camper.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
Summer Program Office
Directions to our campus
Co-Director of Summer Programs
Co-Director of Summer Programs
Upper School Director of Studies/Summer Institute
Middle School Director of Studies/Summer Institute