The quality of Country Day’s college preparatory program is most evident in our Upper School, as students begin to manage more courses and activities and take more responsibility for the choices they make. With the help of outstanding faculty members, coaches, advisors, and mentors, Country Day Upper School students become excellent writers, researchers, and problem-solvers who are fully prepared to make their way in the world.
New responsibilities and a growing sense of self prepare Upper School students to succeed.
Upper School prepares students for life beyond Country Day through exceptional opportunities to:
- Participate in student government, assist their peers, and serve as role models for younger students.
- Cultivate an appreciation for the arts through classes that include drawing, design, photography, art history, and award-winning music and theater programs.
- Achieve at the highest levels of competition as scholar-athletes representing Country Day.
- Complete college-level Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses that fulfill college requirements and put them ahead as they begin their college careers.
- Study abroad and welcome exchange students from all over the world to the Country Day campus.
- Join student-led organizations that include more than 30 clubs and a wide variety of community service opportunities.