A jk through 12 independent school in Charlotte, NC
Thank you for your interest in Charlotte Country Day School. Please complete the form below to receive additional information about our school. You are also welcome to contact the Admissions Office at (704) 943-4530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grades 2-4 Parent Education: "Managing Tricky Friendships"
"Navigating Tricky Relationship Issues," with a focus on children in 2nd–4th grades. As children enter different developmental stages, their needs in their friendships shift substantively, and they begin—usually for the first time—experimenting with some new ideas:
- Where do I fit into the social hierarchy?
- What group do I belong to? What groups do I not belong to?
- What makes a friend?
- What makes someone popular?
These new stages also bring up some predictable challenges, including:
- Experimenting with social power (for good or bad!)
- Policing groups (ie: girls and boys can't play together; if you're friends with me, you can't be friends with x, etc.)
- Struggling with the idea of conformity vs. individuality and feeling insecure about things that make you different
At our discussion, we'll talk through these challenges, our teaching at Country Day around these issues, how to support your child on the home front, and guidelines for when to allow social hurt to occur and when to step in.
Customize Your Calendar
|All Public Calendars on this Page|