Highlights of the Purdy Center for Science and Mathematics
- Eight dedicated science labs with prep rooms for the study of engineering and robotics, biology technology, chemistry (2 labs), biology and anatomy, environmental biology, physics (2 labs)
- Eight math classrooms
- Two study lounges
- Individualized meeting space for small group instruction
Our new building is nicer than the college labs and classrooms where I've taught! This building gives us the space to stimulate students' curiosity and the flexibility to use it whenever they are ready.
Dr. Brittany Lott, chemistry teacher
Highlights of the Hance Lower School Learning Center
- Library and Media Center: This open, airy space combines an extensive collection of books with resources designed for modern information literacy and digital engineering and citizenship.
Storytelling and Instruction Room
- Hands-on Innovation Area: Flexible indoor and outdoor space that engages students in age-appropriate problem solving, collaboration, and design thinking.
Design and Innovation Lab
- The Brock Center: This new, inviting space features four dedicated classrooms for Extended Day and serves as the hub for After School enrichment.
Centralized pickups and dropoffs
Encourages exploration and fosters development
- Lower School ERP program and tutors
In the Makerspace, students take ownership of their learning in a very genuine way to design and build solutions to real-world problems. This type of learning promotes lifelong problem-solving skills that are hard to achieve through a traditional classroom curriculum.
Tim Moxley, Lower School educational technologist