Klein Family Natatorium and Performance Gym
Bringing Forward the Next Phase of our Master Facilities Plan
New facilities serve students in meaningful ways and cement our position as a national leader in education.
“This new facility gives us the space to match our outstanding PE and athletics programming with what’s best for student wellness top of mind.”
Mark Reed, Head of School
The addition of the Klein Family Natatorium and Performance Gym are intentionally designed to tie in with the Bruton Smith Athletic Center to promote open movement and flexible use space, and features abundant natural lighting and large and airy performing spaces.
Klein Family Natatorium includes:
- Eight-lane, 25-yard competition pool
- Five-lane, 25-yard warm-up/activity pool, which allows for aquatics programming at all age levels
- Generous seating capacity to host large community events
- Ample space for both our Middle School and Varsity swim teams to participate
Performance Gym includes:
- State-of-the-art facility will serve as primary competition space for volleyball, basketball, and wrestling
- Seating for over 1,200 spectators to cheer on our Bucs
- Main court provides additional practice space for basketball and volleyball
- Strength and conditioning program, new wrestling/multipurpose room, new administrative suite, modern concessions, additional gym storage, and abundant corridor/reception space.
“The new gym will provide a space that is specifically designed for hosting large events and will be tailored to a heightened competition experience for student-athletes and viewing experience for spectators.”
Abe Wehmiller, Director of Athletics