As an eighth-grade science teacher, Simon has made a tremendous impact on Bissell Campus and its students.
Teaching with Distinction
Dedicated, passionate, and professional faculty and staff are the heart of Country Day. Our exceptional faculty nurture highly motivated students in a caring and inclusive community that is committed to continuous improvement.
Current Job Openings
Athletics, Pre-Team Swim Coach
Athletics, Swim Lessons Instructor
Educational Resources Program, 9th Grade Tutor
Educational Resources Program, English/History Tutor
Extended Day Program, Part-Time Teacher
Extended Day Program, Substitute Teacher
2024–25 Job Openings
Athletics, Varsity Assistant Volleyball Coach
Athletics, Middle School/8th Grade Field Hockey Coach (Head or Assistant)
Campus Store, BucsShop Associate
Lower School, Junior Kindergarten Instructor
Lower School, Fourth Grade Instructor
Upper School, History Instructor
Future Job Openings
Future job openings are for those applicants that want to submit an application for positions that are not yet available. Once an account is created within Country Day's Employment Portal, an applicant can subscribe to a job alert for notifications when jobs are posted.
Faculty Positions/Substitute Teachers
Bus Driver Positions
Staff (non-teaching) Positions
- 8:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Average class size: 15 students in Middle and Upper School; 24 in Lower School with a full-time, qualified teaching assistant.
- Class load: four sections in Middle and Upper School.
- Annual professional development opportunities that enhance teaching skills.
- Full tuition remission for up to two children (full-time educator).
- Nationally competitive salaries and benefits.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
- Financial assistance with relocation expenses.
- On-site physical, mental, and financial health and wellness classes.
- Close informal relationships with major colleges and universities in the Charlotte area.
- Collaborative faculty relationship with Teach for America.
"It’s a great day teaching when a student smiles and realizes that they had the capability of grasping a concept that is very difficult."
"The relationships our teachers build extends well beyond the year a child is in our class. Our students receive an excellent education and an incredible support system."
"As I was making the decision to become a teacher, I knew I had this intense passion and love for biology and genetics, and I wanted to share that with young people. What drives me most is interacting with my students."
"I love Country Day for its 'What if?' factor. I love that I can have an idea and I can go to my department head and the answer is always 'let’s explore that.'”
"We’ve created a culture at the Middle School that mistakes are part of the learning process, and it is what makes us better human beings."
It is the policy of Charlotte Country Day School not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Country Day will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy extends to recruitment, employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, training, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment.