Founded in 1977, the Boosters Club encourages and supports a strong physical education and interscholastic athletics program at Country Day.
Each year, parents volunteer their time and expertise to support our athletes through a variety of fund-raising, spirit-promotion, and community-building activities. Boosters’ membership is open to all parents, alumni, and friends.
The Boosters Club organize and promote spirit events for all ages, including Lower and Middle School Spirit Nights, Homecoming Cookout, and annual Golf Tournament. Another highlight is the Coaches’ Appreciation Dinner, which celebrates the hard work of all our Athletics program staff and features a presentation of the Carl Bolick Coaches Award.
Volunteers stay busy throughout the year selling concessions at sporting events and Special Olympics, managing ticket and merchandise sales, and handing out spirit items.
Boosters also provide financial support for Country Day’s athletic program. In recent years, the Boosters Club has helped fund:
- Student admission to playoff events hosted at Country Day.
- Lower and Middle School Spirit Nights.
- Special student-athlete recognitions, including state championship jackets, all-state plaques, and senior night pennants.
- Charter bus travel for special long-distance team trips.
- Facilities improvements, including a hydrotherapy tub for the training room, a portable sound system for use on various fields, a livestreaming camera in Harris Gym, and rebranding materials for fences, scoreboards, and signs.
- Specialty sports equipment, including golf bags for our boys’ and girls’ golf teams, a portable batting tunnel for our baseball teams, a football blocking sled, and a softball radar gun—just to name a few.
- Support for exciting programming like the Robert C. Witman Student-Athlete Leadership Academy and our growing flag football program.
- Professional development opportunities for coaches.