Upper School students begin to manage additional courses and activities and take more responsibility for the choices they make.
With the help of outstanding faculty members, coaches, advisors, and mentors, Upper School students become excellent writers, researchers, and problem-solvers who are fully prepared to make their way in the world.
Matt LessHead of Upper School
As a lifelong teacher and coach, I am privileged to work directly with an incredible faculty who challenge and inspire students every day. The Country Day community is unlike any I have seen; the support and connectedness of students and teachers truly make our school a great place to teach and learn."
Country Day is proud to be the first private school in North Carolina to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program. Our small class sizes, dedicated faculty, and wide array of school resources are essential to successfully developing the intellectual and personal skills that the IB Diploma Program promises for students. Learn more.
Upper School prepares students for life beyond Country Day through exceptional opportunities to:
- Participate in student government, assist their peers, and serve as role models for younger students.
- Cultivate an appreciation for the arts through classes that include drawing, design, photography, art history, and award-winning music and theater programs.
- Achieve at the highest levels of competition as scholar-athletes representing Country Day.
- Complete college-level Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses that fulfill college requirements and put them ahead as they begin their college careers.
- Study abroad and welcome exchange students from all over the world to the Country Day campus.
- Join student-led organizations that include nearly 50 clubs and a wide variety of community service opportunities.