Junior Kindergarten Experience
Our Junior Kindergarten (JK) program was designed with best practices in early childhood education in mind, and it fosters each child’s growth in the following areas: social, emotional, academic, and physical.
The curriculum is student-centered, differentiated and designed to engage and inspire students through inquiry, direct instruction, and play. The curriculum is comprehensive and covers literacy, motor development, oral language development, math, themed inquiry work, and social-emotional learning.
►Click to learn more
- Gain strategies to identify feelings and tools to communicate and solve problems.
- Practice learning behaviors: listening, following directions, perseverance.
- Get to know classmates, teachers, and the Country Day community.
- Visit the Design Lab.
- Attend special area classes: French, Spanish, music, drama, art, science, and library.
- Participate in first drama performance.
- Attend field trips.