All are invited to an encore performance of the Upper School play, "The Crane Wife," before the cast and crew represent North Carolina and compete at the national level of the High School Play Festival in Knoxville, Tennessee on March 1-3.
Encore performance: February 26, 7 pm (approximately 30-minute run time)
Gorelick Family Theater
Admission is free
Appropriate for ages 7 and up
The cast and crew of "The Crane Wife," originally performed last fall, brought home honors from the 2018 NCTC State High School Festival held at Greensboro College last November. Country Day won the following awards:
- Outstanding Achievement in Ensemble Acting
- Festival Spirit Award
- Barbizon Excellence in Design & Production-Stage Management, Peyton Otis
- Excellence in Directing-Jenny Goodfellow
- Excellence in Theater Arts for Instrumentation-Hangling Lui
- Distinguished Play-Judge's Choice
For over 30 years, the NCTC High School Play Festival has been the largest high school theater event in the Southeast, and has been replicated in nine other states. This year, 3,000 students from 89 schools performed 118 plays.