Fostering Lifelong Learning
The Parent Speaker Series provides opportunities for parents to learn from distinguished, professional experts to explore today's relevant trends in education and parenting issues. A wide array of topics are covered such as health and wellness, resilience, and digital citizenship.
Previous Guest Speakers
Since 2012, we have welcomed the following exceptional speakers:
- Julie Lythcott-Haims, New York Times bestselling author of How to Raise an Adult.
- Dr. Tina Bryson, psychotherapist, founder of The Center for Connection, and author of The Power of Showing Up.
- Dr. Christine Carter, author of The New Adolescence: Raising Happy and Successful Teens in an Age of Anxiety and Distraction and The Sweet Spot: How to Achieve More by Doing Less.
- Rachel Simmons, author and educator, presented on "Failing Well: Resilience & Courage"
- Dr. Devorah Heitner, author of Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive (and Survive) in Their Digital World and blogger of “Raising Digital Natives”
- Dr. Michele Borba, author of UnSelfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World
- Ron Lieber, author of The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money
- Jessica Lahey, New York Times bestselling author of The Gift of Failure
- Rosalind Wiseman, bestselling author of Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends and the New Realities of Girl World
- Dr. Sherry Turkle, author of Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other
- Dr. Wendy Mogel, author of Blessings of a Skinned Knee and Blessings of a B Minus