Interested in pursuing a sport at the collegiate level? Watch the Zoom session of a panel of experts who discuss the complexities that take place during the athletic recruiting process.
Fosters Lifelong Learning
We strive to enrich the educational and learning experience for our families on timely and relevant parenting topics through workshops, book discussions, and nationally-acclaimed speaker events. In addition, the Parents' Association sponsors on-going grade-level and divisional education meetings to help parents with various developmental stages and challenges that arise when parenting. School divisions and departments also host relevant topic discussions.
COVID-19 fatigue is real. Nurse Wendy Barber shares helpful physical and mental tips and reminders on how to stay healthy and encouraged.
Director of Middle School Counseling Janani Buford shares additional advice and remote learning organizational tips, nearly a year after the pandemic began.
Suggested readings compiled by our librarians appropriate for all divisions.
Since 2012, each year we partner with the Parents’ Association to invite nationally acclaimed guest speakers and well-known authors, educators, and other professional experts to discuss today’s relevant parenting issues. We strive to offer a balanced series that addresses a wide array of topics confronting parents and educators. Topics include health and wellness, resilience, digital citizenship, parenting styles, and more. Examples of previous speakers include:
Previous Guest Speakers
- Dr. Christine Carter, author of The New Adolescence: Raising Happy and Successful Teens in an Age of Anxiety and Distraction and The Sweet Spot: How to Achieve More by Doing Less.
- Rachel Simmons, author and educator, presented on "Failing Well: Resilience & Courage"
- Dr. Devorah Heitner, author of Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive (and Survive) in Their Digital World and blogger of “Raising Digital Natives”
- Dr. Michele Borba, author of UnSelfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World
- Ron Lieber, author of The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money
- Jessica Lahey, New York Times bestselling author of The Gift of Failure
- Rosalind Wiseman, bestselling author of Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends and the New Realities of Girl World
- Dr. Sherry Turkle, author of Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other
- Dr. Wendy Mogel, author of Blessings of a Skinned Knee and Blessings of a B Minus