Parent Education Fosters Lifelong Learning
Throughout the school year, we invite nationally acclaimed guest experts to campus to speak on timely and relevant parenting topics and offer a wide range of parent workshops and community book discussions. The Parents' Association sponsors regular grade-level and divisional education meetings to help parents with various developmental stages and challenges that arise when parenting. School divisions and the College Counseling and Athletics departments also host relevant topic discussions.
Each year, we proudly partner with the Parents’ Association to invite nationally-acclaimed guest speakers and authors to campus to discuss and share relevant parenting topics.
In past years, we have welcomed the following guest experts:
- Dr. David Gleason, author of "At What Cost? Defending Adolescent Development in Fiercely Competitive Schools."
- Rachel Simmons, author and educator, presented on "Failing Well: Resilience & Courage"
- Jim Steyer, founder and CEO of Common Sense Media, author of Talking Back to Facebook: A Common Sense Guide to Raising Kids in the Digital Age
- Beth Purdy, mental health speaker and advocate, “Living, Surviving, and Thriving with Mental Illness”
- Dr. Devorah Heitner, author of Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive (and Survive) in Their Digital World and blogger of “Raising Digital Natives”
- Dr. Michele Borba, author of UnSelfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World
- Ron Lieber, author of The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money
- Kevin Powell, Humanitarian and author
- Jessica Lahey, New York Times bestselling author of The Gift of Failure
- Ana Homayoun, nationally-acclaimed author of That Crumpled Paper Was Due Last Week: Helping Disorganized and Distracted Boys Succeed in School and Life
- Joe Ehrmann, former NFL football star, minister, and motivational speaker
- Kevin Breel, mental health activist and stand-up comedian, recognized for his TEDx talk entitled "Confessions of a Depressed Comic"
- Rosalind Wiseman, bestselling author of Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends and the New Realities of Girl World
- Daniel Coyle, renowned journalist and New York Times bestselling author of The Talent Code
- Matt Bellace, author, psychologist, comedian, "Supporting Teens in Making Healthy Choices"
- Richard Guerry, expert on digital technology and digital consciousness
- Dr. Sherry Turkle, author of Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other
- Dr. Wendy Mogel, author of Blessings of a Skinned Knee and Blessings of a B Minus