Updates and Announcements
March 3, 2021
Athletics Spectator Policy
The Charlotte Independent Schools Athletic Association (CISAA) heads of schools and athletic directors have approved a change to the spectator policy at athletics events hosted by conference schools. The policy goes into effect on Wednesday, March 3 and has the following stipulations:
- Each athlete on the home school’s roster may have up to four family members attend an event in which they are participating.
- Each athlete on the visiting school’s roster may have up to two adults attend an event in which they are participating.
- Student spectators may attend events on their home campus, but may not travel to events at other conference schools.
- Total spectator attendance must be at or below 30 percent of venue capacity to remain in compliance with Executive Order 195. If a game administrator determines that attendance has reached this limit, they will begin turning spectators away.
Please keep in mind the following as this new policy goes into effect:
- We will no longer be requiring pre-registration or screening for spectators attending events.
- Spectators must be masked and socially distanced at all times.
- Non-conference schools (any schools except Cannon, Charlotte Christian, Charlotte Latin, Covenant Day, or Providence Day) may have spectator policies different from those listed above. Coaches will communicate with families directly about spectator attendance at schools outside of this group. Note that for Middle School, two members of our Middle School conference (Holy Trinity and Lake Norman Charter) fall into this category.
- When we are hosting multiple events on a single day, student fans may move from event to event as capacity allows. Non-student spectators may only attend the event in which their student-athlete is participating.
There may be further adjustments to this policy going forward.