Country Day offers Upper School students multiple, rigorous academic paths on their way to becoming fully prepared for college. Country Day students performed exceptionally well for the 2019–20 academic year.
PreACT & PSAT Info
Advanced Placement (AP) Info
- "Paying For College," Chanell Thomas, Associate Director of Financial Aid, Vanderbilt University (Zoom call recording: passcode 2%L0vV5q)
—Federal Student Aid
—CSS Profile Student Guide
- College Admissions for the Class of 2021: Making it Through an Unprecedented Year," Christy Pratt, Director of Admissions University of Notre Dame
—Zoom Call Q & A (passcode: Xa6$*XDs)
- Virtual College Fairs
- "Thursday Night Live," College admissions deans panel discussions
- "Leadership Live: The Impact of COVID-19 and College Counseling," Katie Elsasser, Country Day Director of College Counseling and Chris Gruber, VP/Dean of Admission of Financial Aid at Davidson College (4/23/20)
Testing & Updates from Professional Organizations
- Association of College Counselors in Independent Schools
- Colleges Accepting AP Credit
- College Board
Op-Eds & Other Information
- College Admissions Deans Respond to COVID-19 (Harvard Graduate School of Education)
- Grades & Testing, Part I of "We Get It: College Admission Deans Speak Out" (Forbes Magazine)
- Extracurricular Involvement and Summer Opportunities: Part II of "We Get It: College Admission Deans Speak Out" (Forbes Magazine)
- Role of financial aid, essays, and recommendations as applicants communicate their unique circumstances: Part III of "We Get It: College Admission Deans Speak Out" (Forbes Magazine)
- A College Admissions Dean Writes Open Letter to Panicked High School Juniors (Washington Post)
Our college counselors share a list of valuable articles and websites to help answer your questions about testing, college visits, grades, and more.
We are proud of our 115 seniors who will attend 62 different colleges and universities in 25 states, Washington, DC, and Canada. Country Day Ready!