As part of our BucsBeyond programming, After School serves students JK–8 as an extension of the day. Balanced between academic support and extracurricular activities, our After School provides a low-stress place for our students where they can relax, breathe, have fun, be themselves, and play with friends. Intentionally structured within our Extended Day Program and augmented through enrichment classes, After School extends the classroom day in a variety of ways including, athletics, arts, language, STEM, cooking, and more.
Our Extended Day Program offers students JK–8 enhanced student growth through learning, play, and rest. Your child's time at Extended Day includes outdoor playground time, indoor play in our dedicated Extended Day classrooms, homework/reading time, and snack. We also offer special seasonal art projects, cooking classes, and other activities to further enhance your child's academic and personal growth.
August 21, 2019–May 28, 2020
3 pm, 4:30 pm, 6 pm
Parents can enroll their children one to five days per week on a monthly contract basis or students are always welcome to drop-in as needed (24-hour advance notice).
Enrollment Deadline for 2019–20
Due by August 15, 2019 (a $25 charge will be assessed on past due applications).
Due upon enrollment. The first month's service is included in the July billing statement:
$50 registration fee before July 1
$75 registration fee after July 1
Parent Conferences/Faculty Professional Days
For children who are under contract, the program operates on a full-day basis during parent conferences and faculty professional days. Our program offers field trips during most of these fulls days, the details of which are communicated ahead of time.
Fees vary depending on the grade level, dismissal time, and days per week contracted for:
Students are always welcome to drop-in as needed. Simply complete the Drop-In Request Form 24 hours in advance. The rate for 2019–20 is $12.50/hour and payment is billed monthly from Student Billing.
Guidelines & Policies
- To ensure safe student/teacher ratios, we are not able to switch days around during a particular week. Parents must call our office and add days either on a permanent or drop-in basis from week to week.
- If your child is enrolled in an After School Enrichment Program, you will not be charged for attending Extended Day during that time frame. Please notify the Extended Day Office if your child is enrolled in an enrichment class to receive a one-time credit.
- Children are not permitted to attend Extended Day once they've left campus after the regular school day has ended.
- It is our responsibility to know where each Extended Day child is on any given day at any given time. If your child will not be attending the program for any reason, please notify the office at (704) 943-4648 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Sign Out—To ensure safety and security, parents must sign out before taking a child from Extended Day. Only parents and those individuals on an authorized list may pick-up your child. A photo ID is required before your child is released.
- Field Trips—parents are notified ahead of time of all field trips. We require a parent’s signature on a field trip permission form before a child is allowed to attend. Licensed bus drivers provide transportation, and safety guidelines are strictly enforced. Field trips are usually taken on days that the All-Day program is offered (when classes are not in session).
- Review the Extended Day Program Agreement.
Students in Lower and Middle School can choose from more than 30 enrichment classes offered after school on campus. Classes range from once per week for several weeks to concentrated classes offered daily for a short period of time. Options include art, music, brain teasers, athletics, healthy living, and more.
Course offerings are broken down by season:
- Fall classes run from September through December
- Winter/spring classes run from January through April
Register for Enrichment Classes
(Begins August 19)
- Students are escorted to and from their class. No student will be left alone either going to or returning from an enrichment class.
- Please pick up your children on time from their respective classes.
- Notify the After School Enrichment Office and regular classroom teacher about all carpool changes, as appropriate.
- If students are absent from school, they may not participate in an After School Enrichment class that day.
- Students must adhere to the same rules and regulations of the regular school day.
The After School Enrichment Office will:
- Provide registration information to all participants and ensure programs are available for registration at the appropriate time.
- Inform parents, teachers, and students of the registration periods for the programs, including detailed class information.
- Provide safe and honorable companies and teachers for all of the offered classes.
- Provide initial rosters to companies and teachers of the After School Enrichment classes at least two days prior to the start date of the program.