More than 100 generous family and friends create a lasting legacy in their honor.
Endowment & Capital Giving
Investing in our Future
Country Day offers a variety of ways to significantly support the school. Substantial gifts ensures funding of strategic priorities, such as giving to an endowment or towards capital.
Our endowment plays a critical role in allowing Country Day to fulfill its mission and ensure long-term financial stability. The investment philosophy of Country Day combines the goal of total return and preservation of capital with prudent risk tolerance in order to achieve investment results consistent with the financial goals and objectives of the school.
Stanton McCulloughBoard of Trustees
"The strength of Country Day's endowment is a result of generous support from our community and prudent financial management. Our endowment plays a critical role in the strength of our school and enables us to budget and plant wisely."
Currently, Country Day has 35 endowments that support scholarships. We partner with donors to customize a proposal that meets their interests and needs and provide a healthy estimate based on the current market environment. Below is a snapshot of estimated giving levels, student(s) impact, and annual distribution:
Supports 25% of a student(s) tuition
Current annual distribution is estimated at $9,900
Supports 50% of a student(s) tuition
Current annual distribution is estimated at $19,800
Supports 75% of a student(s) tuition
Current annual distribution is estimated at $29,700
Supports 100% of a student(s) tuition
Current annual distribution is estimated at $39,600
Often our scholarship families inquire about receiving ancillary support to accompany their scholarship. To ensure students have the full Country Day experience, this is the average cost annually. Ancillary support might include expenses such as transportation, lunch, extra-curricular activities, tutoring, athletics, etc.
Substantial gifts to capital ensure funding of strategic priorities. Facilities help fuel innovative programs that prepare students for a fast-changing global society. We are grateful for the generous gifts that allow us to build on our already strong academic programming.
- Our endowment is the largest among independent schools in North Carolina.
- 77 restricted and unrestricted endowment and scholarship funds are valued at $65 million (as of 6/30/23).
- Annually, the endowment funds 5% of the operating budget, providing scholarship funds, enhancing academic programming, and supporting faculty professional development while sustaining the school's long-term stability.
- In addition to our general endowment, we have opportunities for donors to create a named Endowed Fund to an area that is meaningful to them.
- Once a named endowment is fully funded, the school's endowment policy is to draw 4.5% of the average of the past 12 tailing quarters.
- Annually, the school provides an Endowment Report and update to donors and honorees to show fund performance and impact, as well as an update on the school's overall endowment.
- We partner with all Named Endowed Fund donors to develop the criteria and parameters for fund allocation and honor donor intent.
For questions about Endowment or Capital Gifts, please contact:
Director of Advancement
(704) 943-4545 | E-mail