Head of School Search
On December 1, 2020, Mark Reed announced he is stepping down as Head of School at the end of the school year, effective June 30, 2021. He looks forward to remaining a member of our community as a parent. We are deeply grateful for his many significant contributions and unwavering commitment to the Country Day community.
Given the anticipated timing of a thorough search process, the Board of Trustees expects that the new Head of School will likely join after the 2021–22 school year. David Mancos, Country Day’s Chief Financial Officer, will serve as Interim Head of School until the new Head of School is named and begins. David has served Country Day faithfully for over 21 years, earning the immense trust and respect of the Board of Trustees and his colleagues.
A national search is being conducted to find Country Day's next Head of School. The Board of Trustees assembled a Head of School Search Committee and retained Spencer Stuart, a highly experienced and well-respected executive search firm to help with the process.
- Board of Trustees announces Mark Reed's departure, effective June 30, 2021 and names Country Day Chief Financial Officer David Mancos as Interim Head of School for the 2021–22 school year.
- A search committee composed of current and former members of the Board of Trustees is formed.
- The Search Committee selects executive search firm Spencer Stuart to assist with the comprehensive search process.
- Community-wide feedback forums with constituent group representatives are conducted and individual perspectives are solicited by online survey to help inform the Head of School position description.
- Search consultants welcome applications, develop pool of prospects, review credentials, conduct interviews and finalize candidate slate.
- First round interviews and evaluations are conducted in parallel by the Search Committee and the Faculty and Staff Advisory Committee.
- Round two finalists are selected, evaluated and engaged by the Search Committee.
- Search Committee makes a formal candidate recommendation to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees votes to approve and hire the next Head of School.
- Announce Country Day’s 12th Head of School, effective July 1, 2022.
- Head of School Search Community Update with Position and Candidate Specification
- Head of School Search Community Survey
- Head of School Search Parent Conversation
- Head of School Search Committee & Update
- Head of School Mark Reed Announces Departure
- Board of Trustees Shares Important News About Mark Reed
Bill Zimmern, '95
Scott Stevens, Board of Trustees Chair
Faculty/Staff Advisory Council Members
JG Bailey, Lower School
Tom Collins, Upper School
Nancy Ehringhaus, Admissions
Stephanie Harner, Upper School
Simon Keilty, Middle School
Kasey Short, Middle School
Denise Spruill, Upper School
Jovonne Taborn, Lower School
Greg Walters, Plant Operations
Brian Wise, Diversity Planning