Class of 2020 Highlights
Ready for College–#BucsforLife
- 115 graduates attend 62 different colleges and universities in 25 states, Washington, DC, and Canada
- Class was admitted to 157 different colleges and universities (see a full list here)
- 70% of the class attend colleges and universities outside of North Carolina; 30% attend colleges and universities in state.
- 50% of the class attend private universities; 50% attend public institutions.
“There is no doubt this is a special class and the challenges we’re dealing with now will not define them, unless it is for the good. Class 2020—your resilience and positive attitude has been inspiring to everyone around you. This entire community is proud of you!”
Mark Reed, Head of School
Scholarships and Special Opportunities
- $11.5 million total scholarship offers based on academic merit, athletic abilities, or special talents.
- Two recipients of the Richard Vinroot International Achievement Award, for continued internationalization of Charlotte and our region.
- Notable scholarships include: National Merit Scholarships, the UNC-Chapel Hill Will Froelich Honors Fellowship, US Senate Youth Scholarship, Foot Locker Scholar Athletes Scholarship, and the Odyssey Program at Elon University.
- Schools accepting one or more of our seniors into their Honors programs: American University, Belmont University, College of Charleston, Clemson University, Georgia Tech University, University of Colorado Boulder, University of Georgia, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Sewanee: The University of the South, Tulane University, Villanova University.
Seventeen seniors will continue their sports careers with the following athletic programs:
Boston College, men’s tennis
Davidson College, men’s track & field
Hamilton College, football
Haverford College, men’s cross country/track & field
Johns Hopkins University, baseball
Purdue University, football
Sewanee: University of the South, women’s lacrosse and men’s lacrosse
Skidmore College, men’s lacrosse
Tulane University, football
University of Alabama, women’s cross country/track & field
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, football
Wake Forest University, women’s track & field
Washington & Lee University, women’s soccer
Washington University in St. Louis, women’s track & field
Yale University, field hockey
Fine Arts Accomplishments
One student was accepted to Johns Hopkins’ Peabody Institute and UCLA’s Herb Alpert School of Music for classical voice/opera.