Class of 2018 Highlights
Ready for College–#BucsforLife
- 123 graduates attend 68 different colleges and universities in 25 different states, Washington, DC, and Ireland
- The class was admitted to 153 different colleges and universities (see a full list here)
- 63% of the class attend colleges and universities outside of North Carolina; 37% attend colleges and universities in state.
- 55% of the class attend private universities; 45% attend public institutions.
Scholarships and Special Opportunities
- $10.6 million total scholarship offers based on academic merit, athletic abilities, or special talents.
- 16 students earned more than $250,000 in combined scholarship offers.
- A recipient of the Morehead-Cain Scholarship to attend UNC-Chapel Hill; the fifth Country Day recipient in six years and 30th in school history.
- A recipient of the National Merit Emory University Scholarship
- An appointment at the United States Military Academy (USMA) at West Point
- Numerous universities across the country accepted one or more of our seniors into their Honors Programs.
- A Charlotte Observer All-Star Top 10 Scholar.
Graduates will continue their athletic careers with the following programs:
- Baseball: Davidson College, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Women’s Cross Country/Track: Rhodes College
- Dance Team: Elon University
- Field Hockey: Harvard University, Skidmore College
- Football: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Saint Francis University
- Men's Lacrosse: Hendrix College
- Women’s Lacrosse: Colby College, Elon University
- Men’s Soccer: Denison University
- Women's Soccer: Davidson College
- Women's Swimming: Sewanee: University of the South
- Men's Tennis: Washington University St. Louis
- Women's Tennis: Bucknell University, Howard University
- Over $200,000 in scholarship awards to study the arts
- Students accepted to:
- Belmont University
- Dartmouth College
- Emerson College
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- University of Mississippi
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Savannah College of Art & Design
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Majors include Film, Graphic Arts, Visual Arts, and Vocal Music
See a list of all college acceptances in the last four years.
Never forget that the things you do every day shape you, and embrace the fact that your ability to change, to improve, to strive for better, is dependent on you.
Jeevun Kansupada '18, Commencement Speaker for the class.
Click to see more photos.