Friends of the Arts
The Friends of the Arts (FOTA) is a volunteer parent organization dedicated to supporting Country Day's fine arts program in all divisions by recruiting and inspiring volunteers to help at school exhibits, concerts, productions, and other special fine arts events, encouraging community service related to the arts, and enhancing the experience of Country Day's fine arts students and teachers.
President: Teresa Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Past President: Maria Logan, email@example.com
Secretary: Deborah Porter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Elizabeth Fender, email@example.com
LS Drama: Krista Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org
LS Visual Art: Robin Hall Feddersen, email@example.com
MS Music/Drama/Rep: Amy Markel, firstname.lastname@example.org
MS Visual Art: Robin Brown, email@example.com
US Drama: Yvette Wasel, firstname.lastname@example.org
US Music: Robbin Riley, email@example.com
US Visual Art: Michele Saleeby, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Open House: Ashley Larkin, email@example.com
Spring Artist Reception: Valerie Goldsmith, firstname.lastname@example.org, Pirrie Bingham, email@example.com
FOTA Social: Robbin Riley, firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many ways to get involved with the arts at Country Day. Volunteer opportunities include:
- FOTA Fall Open House/Parent Coffee Social: October 28, 11 am-1 pm. All parents are invited to volunteer for this annual event which showcases the fine arts program with presentations by students and faculty. Volunteers help plan, set up, and facilitate a light luncheon during this midday gathering.
- Annual Art Exhibit Reception: February 17, 6–8 pm, "75th Anniversary Alumni Art Show & Reception." Assist the Fine Arts department with coordinating an annual exhibit that highlights a visual artist or art collection and engages our school and greater Charlotte communities.
- Visual Art Displays: Hang student art from all divisions in various areas around campus throughout the year.
- Music: Fitting choir dresses and tuxedoes, helping the Pep Band at the Homecoming football game, organizing a Halloween party for the band and chamber choir, assisting with Spring Arts Fest, and planning receptions for the semi-annual concerts in December and May.
- Drama: Ticket sales, selling concessions during performances, and lobby and usher assistance during Middle and Upper School performances.