Friends of the Arts
The Friends of the Arts (FOTA) is a volunteer parent organization dedicated to supporting Country Day's fine arts program in all divisions by recruiting and inspiring volunteers to help at school exhibits, concerts, productions, and other special fine arts events, encouraging community service related to the arts, and enhancing the experience of Country Day's fine arts students and teachers.
President: Teresa Powell, email@example.com
Past President: Maria Logan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Deborah Porter, email@example.com
Treasurer: Elizabeth Fender, firstname.lastname@example.org
LS Drama: Krista Wilson, email@example.com
LS Visual Art: Robin Hall Feddersen, firstname.lastname@example.org
MS Music/Drama/Rep: Amy Markel, email@example.com
MS Visual Art: Robin Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
US Drama: Yvette Wasel, email@example.com
US Music: Robbin Riley, firstname.lastname@example.org
US Visual Art: Michele Saleeby, email@example.com
Fall Open House: Ashley Larkin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Artist Reception: Valerie Goldsmith, email@example.com, Pirrie Bingham, firstname.lastname@example.org
FOTA Social: Robbin Riley, email@example.com
There are many ways to get involved with the arts at Country Day. Volunteer opportunities include:
- FOTA Fall Open House/Parent Coffee Social: October 28, 11 am-1 pm. All parents are invited to volunteer for this annual event which showcases the fine arts program with presentations by students and faculty. Volunteers help plan, set up, and facilitate a light luncheon during this midday gathering.
- Annual Art Exhibit Reception: February 17, 6–8 pm, "75th Anniversary Alumni Art Show & Reception." Assist the Fine Arts department with coordinating an annual exhibit that highlights a visual artist or art collection and engages our school and greater Charlotte communities.
- Visual Art Displays: Hang student art from all divisions in various areas around campus throughout the year.
- Music: Fitting choir dresses and tuxedoes, helping the Pep Band at the Homecoming football game, organizing a Halloween party for the band and chamber choir, assisting with Spring Arts Fest, and planning receptions for the semi-annual concerts in December and May.
- Drama: Ticket sales, selling concessions during performances, and lobby and usher assistance during Middle and Upper School performances.