Parent Education Fosters Lifelong Learning
Throughout the school year, we invite nationally-acclaimed guest experts to campus to speak on timely and relevant parenting topics and offer a wide range of parent workshops and community book discussions. The Parents' Association sponsors regular grade-level and divisional education meetings to help parents with various developmental stages and challenges that arise when parenting. School divisions and the College Guidance and Athletics departments also host relevant topic discussions.
Each year, we partner with the Parents' Association to invite nationally-acclaimed guest speakers and authors to campus to discuss and share various relevant parenting topics. Check back soon for the 2017–18 line-up.
In past years, we have proudly welcomed the following guest experts:
- Ron Lieber, author of The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money.
- Kevin Powell, Humanitarian and author
- Jessica Lahey, New York Times bestselling author of The Gift of Failure
- Ana Homayoun, nationally-acclaimed author of That Crumpled Paper Was Due Last Week: Helping Disorganized and Distracted Boys Succeed in School and Life
- Joe Ehrmann, former NFL football star, current minister, and motivational speaker
- Kevin Breel, mental health activist and stand-up comedian, recognized for his TEDx talk entitled "Confessions of a Depressed Comic"
- Rosalind Wiseman, bestselling author of Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World
- Daniel Coyle, renowned journalist and New York Times bestselling author of The Talent Code
- Matt Bellace, author, psychologist, comedian, "Supporting Teens in Making Healthy Choices"
- Richard Guerry, expert on digital technology and "digital consciousness"
- Dr. Sherry Turkle, author of Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other
- Dr. Wendy Mogel, author of Blessings of a Skinned Knee and Blessings of a B Minus.