Founded in 1977, the Boosters Club encourages and supports strong interscholastic athletic and physical education programs at Country Day. Each year parents volunteer their time and expertise to support our athletes through a variety of community-building, spirit-promotion, and fundraising activities.
There are many ways to volunteer and get involved with the Boosters Club. Review the positions below and then sign up online! For questions, please contact Amanda and Jim Dunn, 2016–17 Boosters Club Presidents, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership (Elizabeth Tierney and Susan Pierce, email@example.com)
Volunteers help sell Boosters memberships at various events in the fall and mail membership materials to members who join.
- Picture Pins for Team Sports (Parmele and Caldwell Calame, firstname.lastname@example.org, Leigh and Gene Bowles, email@example.com)
A family tradition at Country Day for promoting spirit and supporting our athletes at home or away. Picture Pins are offered to Middle School and Upper School athletes for fall, winter, and spring sports. Volunteers needed to take pictures, crop and upload to computer, and distribute pins.
- Fall Concessions (Laurie Alexson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ellen and Josh Thomas email@example.com)
Concession volunteers needed to help with setup, shift work, or cleanup in The Hut at Belk Stadium and the Pavilion. A great way to make new friends or spend time with old ones. See our Bucs in action from the concession stand window!
- Winter Concessions (Ima and Uko Etuk, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sandra and James Thompson, email@example.com)
Concession volunteers are always needed. Many times and days available for help with setup, shift work, or cleanup. A great way to make new friends or spend time with old ones.
- Spring Concessions (Pirrie and Marty Bingham firstname.lastname@example.org, Maria and Brian Logan email@example.com)
Concession volunteers needed to help with setup, shift work, or cleanup in Belk Stadium Concessions and The Pavilion.
- Middle School Concessions (Laura and Pat Swisher, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Concession volunteers needed to help with setup, shift work, or cleanup during fall Middle School football games.
- Fall Tickets (Carol and Tom Giardi, email@example.com, Genie and Chris Scheurer firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volunteers needed with ticket sales at home varsity football games. Go Bucs!
- Winter Tickets (Fredricka and Howard Yellets email@example.com, Charma Addison, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volunteers needed with ticket sales during home varsity basketball games in Bruton Smith Athletic Center. Go Bucs!
- Homecoming Cookout—September 30, 2016. (Granice and Skott Smith, email@example.com)
Families look forward to the Annual Homecoming Cookout before the varsity football homecoming game. Volunteers needed to help with setup, ticket collection, and cleanup. Great food, great football, and great memories!
- Merchandise/Spirit Items (Fran and John Tennant, firstname.lastname@example.org, Michaela and Scott Fewin email@example.com)
Volunteers help sell merchandise items in concession stands and during sporting events.
- Upper School Spirit (Marion and Mike Shields, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Spirit Days for Upper School athletes take place on campus in the fall, winter, and spring. Volunteers needed to help serve snacks and drinks. Dates TBD by chair.
- Middle School Spirit Night—September 16, 2016. (Marietta and Jay Murphy email@example.com)
MS Fall Spirit Night is a family tradition for Middle School students before a varsity football game each fall. Free T-shirts to the first 200 Middle School students, prizes, and more. Middle School athletes recognized at halftime. Volunteer to help with event or concessions.
- Lower School Spirit Night—September 9, 2016. (Sally and Pete Brown firstname.lastname@example.org)
LS Fall Spirit Night is a family tradition for Lower School students before a varsity football game each fall. Fun activities, prizes, a performance by LS cheerleaders at halftime, and more. Volunteers needed for event and concessions.
- Annual Golf Outing—March 6, 2017 (Whit Wilks, email@example.com, Corinne and Rob Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org)
This annual event is one of the Boosters Club’s largest fundraisers. Volunteers are needed to help build teams for the event, solicit sponsors, and assist with marketing and check-in.
- Special Olympics—April 19 and 20, 2016. (Ann and Matthew Ricks email@example.com)
Concession stand workers needed for setup, shift work, and cleanup when Country Day hosts the Special Olympics.
- Coaches’ Appreciation Dinner—May 23, 2016. (Granice and Skott Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org)
A special night to thank and recognize the coaching staff. Volunteers needed with event setup, decorations, and check-in table.
- BucSport Magazine (Theresa and Doug Drew, email@example.com, Laura and Ralph Hunter, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Publication of BucSport to highlight sports’ teams in Middle and Upper School. Volunteers work with school staff in gathering photos for printers. Volunteers needed to solicit advertisements for the publication.
The Boosters Club encourages and supports strong interscholastic athletic and physical education programs at Country Day. Money is raised mainly through membership fees, concession sales, ticket sales, merchandise sales, and the annual golf outing.
Boosters Club members at all levels receive passes for their immediate family members, which allow free admittance to all regular season home football and basketball contests.
Membership is available at various levels:
- Captains Club ($250)
Includes preferred parking at home football games, home game admittance for immediate family members (including grandparents) noted on the membership form, recognition in printed materials, and Captain's Club decal.
- Buccaneer Booster ($100)
Includes home game admittance for immediate family members noted on the membership form, recognition in printed materials, and Boosters Club decal.
- Bucs for Life ($300)
Available for families whose youngest child has graduated from Country Day. "Bucs for Life" receive a membership card entitling them to a lifetime of free admission to all home football and basketball games.
Always appreciated (tax deductible)!
For questions, please e-mail Boosters Club Membership chairs, Elizabeth Tierney and Susan Pierce, at email@example.com.
Founded in 1977, the Boosters Club encourages and supports strong interscholastic athletic and physical education programs at Country Day. Each year parents volunteer their time and expertise to support our athletes through a variety of fund-raising, spirit-promotion and community-building activities. Boosters membership is open to all parents, alumni, and friends.
Boosters organize spirit events for all divisions, including two Lower School Spirit Nights, as well as pizza dinners for Middle School athletes, the Homecoming Cookout, and Annual Golf Outing. An annual highlight is the Coaches’ Appreciation Dinner, which announces the winners of the Carl Bolick Coaching Award honoring excellence of character, sportsmanship, and service.
Volunteers stay busy throughout the year selling concessions at sporting events and Special Olympics, managing ticket and merchandise sales, participating in Big Saturday, and producing the BucSport Year in Review magazine.
One of the primary purposes of the Boosters Club is to assist the school in purchasing athletic equipment that benefits every student. Coaches and PE teachers submit specific funding requests through an allocation process administered by the Boosters Club Board. Since 2005, more than $600,000 has been allocated to fund items benefitting students.
Boosters revenue supports:
- Lower and Middle School Spirit Nights
- State-of-the-art strength and conditioning equipment for male and female athletes
- State championship recognitions (jackets, plaques)
- Country Day apparel for coaches and athletes
- Charter buses for some non-conference games and Spring Break tournaments
- Field and facility improvements (field hockey and lacrosse fields, Waterboy Inline System, US Pavilion)
- Specialty sports equipment (cross-country watches, baseball screen, wrestling mats, soccer goals for 3v3 training)
- Pre-season team building and training opportunities (cheerleading, basketball)
- Continuing education and appreciation for coaches and PE teachers