Mission & Values
Through excellence in education, Charlotte Country Day School develops the potential of each student by fostering intellectual curiosity, principled character, ethical leadership, and a responsibility to serve.
Our Key Values and Commitments
We develop a love for learning by discovering and celebrating each student's abilities and talents through engagement with exceptional teachers in distinctive academic, artistic, athletic, and extracurricular experiences.
We instill and expect integrity, honesty, moral courage, personal accountability, and compassion for others.
We respect each individual, embrace diversity, and value the relationships uniting us as a school and connecting us with our local and global communities.
We empower our students to address social, environmental, and global issues and to realize the obligation and value in giving of themselves for the public good.
Affirmation of Community
Charlotte Country Day School is committed to living as an authentic, inclusive community. Our pursuit of this commitment to community recognizes and affirms the richness brought by difference and discovered through commonality.
- Building and sustaining a community diverse in membership.
- Acceptance and respect for differences in age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, ability, physical attributes, and socioeconomic circumstances.
- Curriculum which equips students to think critically, to act respectfully, and to show sensitivity to the needs and feelings of others.
- Curriculum which educates for the future and which prepares students for participation in local and global communities.
- Faculty and staff who know and affirm each individual child, who actively seek to understand and appreciate perspectives different from their own, and who model for their students the valuing of diversity.
- Accountability for behaviors which convey disrespect; courage and trust to acknowledge and grow from missteps and misunderstandings in our personal interactions within our diverse community.
- Inclusive school events which seek to create shared experiences, fellowship, and understanding.
- School culture and climate which allow each member to feel valued and affirmed, and thereby promote belonging and foster community ownership.
- Awareness that living in community and embracing diversity are an active process, a continual journey which engages us in personal and institutional self-assessment, reflections, and openness to growth and change.