In a uniquely designed program on its own distinct campus, Country Day Middle School students are guided by teachers who specialize in adolescent education and know how to encourage each student’s development through a time of great change. As they navigate the emotional, physical, and social transition from childhood to adolescence, we prepare our students to take on more responsibility, make good decisions, and see the world through a wider lens.
Middle School students thrive in an environment that balances structure and freedom.
Every Country Day Middle School student:
- Develops leadership, respect, perseverance, and talent by participating in service clubs, special-interest groups, and academic competitions.
- Attends gender-specific math classes that offer the opportunity to learn in an environment free from stereotypes.
- Works with an advisor who serves as mentor and advocate, providing both academic and personal guidance.
- Participates in French, Spanish, and Latin language options.
- Enjoys a unique opportunity to participate in travel and study exchanges with sister schools in locations throughout the world.
- Gains hands-on experience with the arts, participating in visual arts, drama, band, orchestra, choir, or general music.
- Is prepared for a seamless transition to Upper School, carefully facilitated by Middle and Upper School faculty members working in close collaboration.
- Cultivates time-management, study skills, and self-discipline.