The Next Generation of Excellence
From global interconnectedness, to shifting demographics, to ever accelerating technological advances, the world our graduates will inherit is changing at an unprecedented rate. And so we must ask, how do we best prepare the next generation for college and beyond? How do we get them ready for life?
Our four shared visions ensure that embedded within the curriculum and core academic programming our students are also learning necessary skills like critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration, resiliency, initiative, strong written and oral communication, and the ability to access and analyze information. Our programs and technology will continue to expand the classroom beyond our campuses and create opportunities to comprehend the wider world and lead by example.
For nearly 75 years, Country Day has led the way in education. We honor tradition and embrace change. While our shared visions will guide our decisions in the coming years, they are also, in many ways, a reflection of the ideals and values we have ascribed to over time—instilling excellence in our graduates has been and will continue to be our mission.
- Maintain the highest standards of academic rigor through teachers who are well-prepared and well-equipped to support students and challenge them to achieve their very best.
- Inspire the development of critical thinking, resiliency, and problem-solving skills through academics, the arts, and athletics.
- Use technology, experiential learning, and collaboration to foster innovation and creativity both within and beyond classroom walls.
- Attract and enroll a student body that is multicultural in scope and innovative in spirit.
- Create experiences and opportunities that lead to cultural awareness and encourage relationships across cultural lines.
- Facilitate opportunities for students and faculty to engage in and comprehend the wider world.
- Support a culture of excellence through regular evaluation of all school programs.
- Cultivate a community that is shaped by genuine respect for individual differences and that values inclusivity, equity, and compassion.
- Promote the fundamental importance of health and well-being in a balanced, fulfilling life.
- Foster a climate where all members of the community can safely learn and grow.
- Instill a lifelong desire in each student to contribute to the greater good, both locally and globally.
- Encourage service and leadership by example.
- Recruit, retain, develop, and support a diverse faculty and staff who are passionately committed to creating meaningful learning experiences for each student.
- Provide faculty and staff opportunities and resources to fully support their professional development and education.
- Maintain competitive compensation package for faculty and staff.
- Ensure financial sustainability through prudent fiscal management.
- Inspire charitable giving to ensure minimal tuition increases.
- Strengthen community and programs through investment in thoughtfully designed, environmentally responsible facilities.