Register for Summer 2018!
Camp sessions take place on Bissell Campus, 5936 Green Rea Road
NEW for 2018: Bus Transportation Service!
With more than 150 creative classes and challenging sports camps, Country Day's Summer Programs gives your children a chance to explore their passions and interests, taught by some of your favorite Country Day teachers!
- Camps from June 4–August 10, 2018 ranging from one to four weeks.
- Half-day and full-day, morning, and afternoon camp options.
- Wide variety of traditional and specialized camps, such as art, drama, cooking, video game development, robotics, science, and more. View a list of options to help plan your summer.
- Summer Institute for Middle and Upper School students, offering unique, week-long academic enrichment experiences in support of skill development and student curiosity.
- Bus transportation service from Christ Church and Cannon Campus to Bissell Campus.
- Before- and after-camp care.
- Easy online registration.
For convenience and due to popular demand, we are pleased to offer bus transportation service from Christ Church (1412 Providence Road) and Cannon Campus (1440 Carmel Road) to Bissell Campus, where our summer programs are held.
- Safety: To ensure our campers are safe and bus rules and policies are adhered to, a member of the Country Day summer staff will be present on the bus at all times, and will stay with campers until they have been picked up at the drop off location.
- Dates: The bus will be offered during the main six weeks of camp: June 11–15, 18–22, 25–29; July 9–13, 16–20, and 23–27.
- Christ Church Departure and Arrival: The bus departs Christ Church (1412 Providence Road) at 8:00 am and arrives back at 12:40 pm after camp. The cost is $50/week.
- Shuttle Bus Between Cannon Campus and Bissell Campus: A morning shuttle departs Cannon Campus (1440 Carmel Road) at 8:30 am and arrives back at 12:10 pm after camp. The cost is $25/week.
- Please note: due to traffic congestion or other unforeseen delays, the stated arrival and departure times are approximate. Please allow a 5–10 minute window on either side of the state time to assure prompt pick up or drop-off.
- Age Minimum: Campers must be in at least rising junior kindergarten to ride the bus.
- Registration: You must register for the bus service by Friday at noon the week before camp begins.
- Summer Bus Rules and Policies: For the safety of your child, please review our bus rules and policies.
The Summer Institute offers Middle and Upper School students a variety of unique, week-long academic enrichment experiences in support of specific skill development and student curiosity. Best of all, each institute is thoughtfully designed and taught by some of the most beloved Country Day teachers. Questions about the Summer Institute can be addressed to:
Michael Rinehart, Director of Summer Programs
Tanya Andrysiak, Upper School Director of Studies
Tameka Woodard, Middle School Director of Studies
Middle School Summer Institute Courses
Crack the SAT and ACT (rising grades 7–12), June 11–15*
Los Amigos (canceled), Marylin Capps (rising grades 5–6), June 11–15
Creative Writing, Ashley Murray and Kasey Short (grades 5–8), July 9–13
Listos Spanish Boot Camp, Marylin Capps (rising grades 5–6), August 6–10
Supercharged Spanish Boot Camp, Tracey Keitt (grades 7–8), August 6–10
Summer Pre-Algebra Preview, Sherri Leonard (grades 6–7), August 6–10
Summer Algebra Preview, R.C. Deer (grades 7–8), August 6–10
*This course is not taught by a Country Day teacher, but works with Country Day students
Upper School Summer Institute Courses
College Essay Writing, Tim Waples and Karen Derby (grade 12), June 11–15
Crack the SAT and ACT (rising grades 7–12), June 11–15**
Creative Short Fiction (canceled), Vicky Waldthausen (grades 10–12), June 11–15
College Essay Writing, Tim Waples and Karen Derby (grade 12), June 18–22
Reading For Comprehension and Note-taking, Yevgenia Arutyunyan (grades 9–11), July 23-27
Research and Writing for History Boot Camp, Yevgenia Arutyunyan (grades 9–10), July 30–August 3
Institut de Français Boot Camp, Beatrice Eldredge (grades 9–10), July 30–August 3
Algebra 1 Refresher Course, R.C. Deer (grades 9–11), July 30–August 3
Research and Writing for History Boot Camp, Yevgenia Arutyunyan (grades 9–10), August 6–10
Science Lab Boot Camp, Tom Collins and Donna Campbell-Patrick (grades 9–10), August 6–10
*These Summer Institutes include a $300 registration fee and $25 in supplies.
**This course is not taught by a Country Day teacher, but works with Country Day students
Check out the camps your favorite teachers are running this summer and register today!
- Adventure Camp, Adam Lawrence (rising grades 6–9)
- Buccaneer Baseball and Football Camp, Logan Smith and Drew Witman (rising grades JK–4)
- Buccaneer Basketball Camp, Dwayne Cherry, (rising grades JK–6)
- Buccaneer Volleyball Camp, Anna Moore (rising grades JK–6)
- Bucs Power Training Camps, Darnell Clark (rising grades 5–8)
- Bucs Soccer Camp, Greg Ashton (rising grades 3–5 and 4–8)
- Camp Buccaneer, Kevin and Lisa Daly (rising grades JK–5)
- Camp Trailblazer, Ian Dennis and Aaron Cooper (rising grades 5–9)
- Country Day Baton Twirling, Antonia Keen and Melanie Rubin (rising grades JK–4)
- Country Day Cheerleading Camp, Antonia Keen and Melanie Rubin (rising grades JK–4)
- Country Day Lacrosse Camp, Brad Touma (rising grades K–6)
- Crazy Crafts, Anne Lucas (rising grades K–2)
- Field Hockey Development Camp, Kayleigh Thies (rising grades K–8)
- Fun With Phonics, Sherry Harris and Tara Bosley (rising grades JK–1)
- Junior Bucs Soccer Camp, Greg Ashton (rising grades JK–2)
- Keyboarding for Kids, Karen Sullivan (rising grades 4–6)
- Little Sluggers Baseball Camp, Logan Smith (rising grades JK–4)
- Make It, Bake It, Take It, Melissa Salvato and JG Bailey (rising grades K–5)
- Math Rules, Claire McLendon (rising grade 3 and 4)
- Middle School Preseason Field Hockey Camp, Amy Gakenheimer and Dorcas Zeeso (rising grades 5–8)
- Pirate Camp, Anne Lucas (rising grades K–3)
- Run for Fun, Dwayne Wilson (rising grades 4–8)
- So You Think You Can Hip Hop, Critesha Creecy (rising grades 3–6)
- Sports Spectacular, Nate McManis and Logan Smith (rising grades JK–4)
Your child can attend early morning, lunch, and late afternoon care before and after camp. Campers are divided into groups by age and enjoy a variety of fun activities. They are escorted to and from camps as needed.
|Morning Care||7–9 am||$75/week|
|Lunch Care||12–1 pm||$40/week|
|Afternoon Care||4–6 pm||$75/week|
|Super Care||Morning, Lunch, and Afternoon Care||$125/week|
- If you register for a morning camp, an afternoon camp, and Super Care, you receive a 10% discount on both camp sessions (discount applies only if you sign up for a morning and afternoon camp, not an all-day camp).
- Lunch Care is free if you sign up for morning and afternoon camps and do not plan to attend Morning or Afternoon Care.
- Morning, Lunch, and Afternoon Care are staffed by Country Day employees.