A jk through 12 independent school in Charlotte, NC
Thank you for your interest in Charlotte Country Day School. Please complete the form below to receive additional information about our school. You are also welcome to contact the Admissions Office at (704) 943-4530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Facts About Athletic Recruiting" (US students & parents)
On Thursday, January 5, Country Day, Charlotte Latin, and Providence Day will partner to host their annual, “Facts About Athletic Recruiting” event for students and families at all three schools. This year’s event will be held in the Horne Performing Arts Center (Thies Auditorium) on the Charlotte Latin campus. It will begin at 7 pm.
The program will feature a keynote address by Derek Gwinn, Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance at Virginia Tech University. Following Gwinn's address, a panel will discuss and answer questions about the college athletics recruiting process and the college student-athlete experience. Panelists for the event include:
- Tim Burke, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance and Student Services, Queens University of Charlotte
- David Gatoux, Athletic Director, Charlotte Latin
- Christina Glaser, Charlotte Latin '16, Johns Hopkins University Field Hockey
- Will McGinnis, Charlotte Latin '10, University of South Carolina Men's Soccer
- Jeffrey Scheible, Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance, Elon University
- Alex Wedding, Charlotte Latin '13, Sewanee Men's Golf
"This is a great opportunity for student-athletes and their families to learn more about an increasingly complex college recruitment process and hear from individuals who have experience with that process from multiple angles," said Country Day Director of Athletics, Abe Wehmiller. "I'd encourage any of our student-athletes who are thinking they might have an interest in college athletics to attend. Every little bit of information can help."This program rotates between Charlotte Latin, Providence Day, and Country Day on an annual basis and is open to any 9th, 10th, and 11th grade student-athletes and their families. RSVPs are not required
Customize Your Calendar
|All Public Calendars on this Page|