Charlotte Country Day School considers professional development an important activity that is necessary to ensure the highest level of faculty proficiency. Professional growth benefits the individual as well as the school. Our faculty are offered a number of national professional development opportunities in the area of cultural diversity, including:
Blumenthal Leadership Institute for Change—Annual summer diversity conference open to teachers and school administrators in the Southeast.
- EASTED Summer Diversity Institute—New Dimensions in Diversity Training and Multicultural Professional Development.
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Summer Diversity Institute—A learning and training opportunity for school leaders, faculty, and diversity coordinators in the areas of diversity, multicultural education, and equity and justice.
- Milton Academy Cultural Diversity Institute: Implementing the Commitment in Independent Schools—A sampler of programs, methods and techniques for implementation of school's commitment to diversity and equity.
- Facing History and Ourselves Charlotte Institute—Explores Facing History's content and methodology by connecting history to the moral questions inherent in a study not only forms oppression such violence, racism and anti-Semitism, but also of courage, caring, and compassion.
- SEED: Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity (National)—Educators meet monthly for seminars, and renew books, articles, and videos to examine what gender-inclusive and multi-cultural curriculums look like.
For additional information, email the Cultural Diversity Office.