Welcome to the Lower School. Below is information you need to prepare for the school year.
- Peggy Otey, Head of Lower School, 704-943-4646
- Meredith Vetter, Academic Program, 704-943-4584
- Cindy Kridler, Student Records, 704-943-4645
- Clare Walton, Early Childhood Director, 704-943-4647
- Beverley Johnson, Extended Day, 704-943-4648
- Shannon Starnes, Student Billing, 704-943-4555
- Lynette Harris, Bus Contracts, 704-943-4557
2012 Lower School Summer Reading
Why Should I Care If My Child Reads Every Day?
2012 Lower School Summer Reading List
Biography Series Recommendations
2012 Lower School Summer Reading Record
2012 Lower School Reading Log
Dream Big! Reading Planner
Students should attend the school properly attired in clothes that are neat, clean, and in good repair. A CCDS student is expected to accept this responsibility, and the school depends upon the cooperation of the entire school community in adhering to the spirit of this code. For specific details, please review the guidelines below:
Lower School Dress Code
Foreign Language (grade 2-4 students)
Students in grades JK-1 take both French and Spanish. Starting in second grade, students focus on one foreign language. The form below should be completed for new students in grades 2, 3, and 4.
Foreign Language Preference Form