- Students from the Lower School "Green Team" partnered with Aveda to collect and recycle thousands of bottle caps, which are sent to a recycling facility in New York.
At Charlotte Country Day School, we are committed to fulfilling our mission to "empower our students to address social, environmental, and global issues." We provide educational experiences designed to motivate students to participate in and initiate sustainable practices. Our goal is to create an environmentally literate and responsible community of students, faculty, staff, and families.
We are committed to promoting sustainable practices in the following areas:
- Curriculum development
- Resource use and recycling
- Energy use and efficiency
- Building construction and operation
- Land management
- Food and Custodial Services
- Broaden recycling program to encompass all-school events including athletics.
- Reduce paper and energy consumption in classrooms and administrative offices on both Cannon and Bissell campuses.
For additional information, please contact Environmental Stewardship Committee Chair Chris Gawle.