Welcome to the Charlotte Country Day School Web site. Whether you are looking for a school for your child for the very first time or considering a new school, choosing the right place for your family may be one of the most important decisions you can make as a parent. While nothing tells the story of a CCDS education as effectively as a personal visit, I think you’ll find this site to be a useful and informative resource. As you navigate through these pages I hope you will begin to get a sense of the exciting educational opportunities available for students in grades JK-12.
Above all else, CCDS is a place where dedicated teachers and administrators help bring out the best in students. It’s a place where every child has a chance to shine.
- Our Mission - Charlotte Country Day is a mission-driven school that is committed to developing fully the potential of every student. Please be sure to visit our Mission Page.
- Rigorous Curriculum - Students are challenged academically at every grade level by innovative and caring teachers. We offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma program and more than 20 Advanced Placement courses, and our graduates annually receive in excess of $4 million in scholarship offers.
- Global Connections - Foreign language and cultural instruction begin in junior kindergarten; beginning in sixth grade, students are offered numerous opportunities for foreign travel and language immersion through the International Studies Department.
- Two Campuses - Our Middle School students thrive on a separate, close-knit campus dedicated specifically to nurturing the hearts and minds of adolescents. Bissell Campus is only four miles south of Cannon Campus.
- Creative Expression - Beyond core academics, students at every grade level have opportunities for fine and performing arts education instruction and extracurricular activities, including visual arts, vocal and instrumental music, drama, and dance.
- Full-Participation Athletics - The athletics program supports 66 sports teams, and an average of 90 percent of our students participate in some form of organized athletics on the Middle School, junior varsity, or varsity levels. Students in grades JK-8 take part in our award-winning daily PE program.
- Community Outreach - Service to others is an integral part of the Charlotte Country Day School experience. I encourage you to review the Community Service sections within each division's tab.
Above all else, CCDS is a place where dedicated teachers and administrators help bring out the best in students. It’s a place where every child has a chance to shine. Thank you for your interest in Charlotte Country Day School.
Head of School